Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Day Three. And welcome to it.


How will you know when you get there, if you don't know where you're going?

How will you know how to get there, if you don't know where you're going?

I have goals. I've always had goals. But I've never been one to write them down. I usually just kept them as abstract and intangible ideas floating around me, loosely tethered. When I sat down to write this I called them “ephemeral,” thinking that meant gauzy, wispy things you couldn't touch. But it doesn't. It means transitory and fleeting, and maybe that's what they became.

So, there's that.

But, if I'm really going to commit to getting control of my health and happiness – taking back my life – I have to make my goals tangible and tactile and measurable. I need to know where I'm going so I have some idea of how to get there.

Or at least have some idea of where I want to go so I know where to start. I see a very fine line between setting goals and creating limitations. I also have problems with affirmations and challenges. What can I say? I'm my own kinda' crazy.

I want to:
  1. Feel better.
    To do this I need to: eat more healthy (health-ily?).
  2. Finish book 2.
    To do this I need to sit down and work. Avoid my favorite forms of procrastination ... like making lists :)
  3. Lose weight.
    See #1.
  4. Get sh*t done.
    See #2.
    To do this I need to take control. Figure out how I let my schedule get so chaotic.
  5. Wear that little black dress with the leopard print shoes.
    See #3.

So, today's goal? Make a schedule.

Tomorrow's goal? Stick to the schedule.

And take over the world.

2 comments: